Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Third Place in Game Design Contest



Play Monica: Nightmare
View all entries

That's right. Monica: Nightmare got the third place in the Creative Game Design Contest held by Gamer. I'm pretty glad that the first game created by Rusher Game Framework could make it this far. Being involved in this contest was the main driving force for me on the development of Rusher. Had it not been for this contest, I think Rusher would have been still a mere idea in my mind by now.



However, I've still got several things to complain about. The graphics and music aspects make up 20% of the total score, and yet the runner-up still got 85 out of 100? I'm not unable to afford to lose. There are reasons why I'm saying this. Come on, the drawing skill is obviously...primitive, consisted of line segments and simple geometric shapes, let alone the fact that the framerate is 12FPS (that's eye-killing, really). And the music is nowhere near original, its background music for the menu scene is from Star Wars; how could Gamer not notice that? After all, use of proprietary assets is prohibited in this contest! I've sent Gamer a mail, requesting that they reveal the score every entry has got on each aspect. I hope they take this seriously; otherwise, just showing the final total score is far from convincing.

Alright, enough with the complaining. At least Monica: Nightmare gets the third place and is being displayed in the first row. This means Rusher is going to get more exposure, which is my ultimate purpose :)

2 comments:

Ekonomi sumber daya alam dan lingkungan said...

I've play the whole game on the website, I think u lacking of story. But the first winner, should be on the second place. And the second winner, have simple game, but have their idea to bring up. Technically, u're the best among them, n I'm looking forward for u to bring more fresh idea... n sound too.. :)

Ekonomi sumber daya alam dan lingkungan said...

I've play the whole game on the website, I think u lacking of story. But the first winner, should be on the second place. And the second winner, have simple game, but have their idea to bring up. Technically, u're the best among them, n I'm looking forward for u to bring more fresh idea... n sound too.. :)